The following position is available in the Structural Cell Biology Group at the Medical Theoretical Center in Dresden. Our group is interested in the modulation of the microtubule cytoskeleton to fulfill functions in meiosis, mitosis and abscission. We are mainly applying correlative light microscopy and electron tomography to study the 3-D organization of microtubules mainly in the early embryo of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans (for details see: Pelletier et al., Nature 2006, Guizetti et al., Science 2011).
Effective immediately the following position is vacant:
Post-Doc (Postdoktorand) (f/m)
The position is initially funded for two years. However, the successful candidate is expected to apply for a fellowship within the two-year period.
We have a strong focus on acentrosomal spindle assembly in C. elegans female meiosis (Srayko et al., Current Biology 2006). Currently, we are working on a full 3-D reconstruction of meiotic spindle architecture. Parallel to our tomography study on wild-type spindle assembly, we are interested in the identification and characterization of factors involved in various aspects of meiotic spindle formation.
- excellent final degree in biology or applied natural science
- We are looking for a highly motivated PostDoc to work on acentrosomal spindle assembly.
- She or he should be experienced in either C. elegans cell biology or/and electron microscopy.
We offer you the possibility of:
- arranging for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health center
- taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
- providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
Women are explicitly invited to apply. Handicapped persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages.
We look forward to receiving your application, until July 31, 2012, online with registration number EXZ0912174. For further information please contact: PD Dr. Thomas Müller-Reichert - Tel.: +49-351-458-6442 or by E-Mail to email@example.com.