The DFG-Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden (CRTD) and Cluster of Excellence (www.crt-dresden.de) forms a network of more than 80 research groups, working in the areas of Haematology/Oncology/Immunology, Diabetes, Neurodegenerative Disorders, Bone/Cartilage Replacement and Cardiovascular Disease.
Our goal is to develop advanced treatments for haemato-oncological, neurodegenerative, diabetic, bone and cardiovascular diseases.
Effective immediatly the following position is vacant:
Ph.D Student Position (f/m)
The salary is according to the TV-L dispositions. Contract is first limited to 12 month.
We offer a Ph.D position in the laboratory of Dr. Claudia Waskow at the DFG-Center for Regenerative Therapies at the Technical University Dresden. Our group is interested in the biology of hematopoietic stem cells and hematopoiesis of mice and men. Please find more information online: http://www.crt-dresden.de/research/crtd-core-groups/waskow/.
The focus of the project is the determination of functionality of a human immune system in a ‘humanized mouse’ challenged by solid organ transplantation. We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated applicant that will join a young and active research team. The project includes cellular and molecular techniques, and we have a strong focus on in vivo analysis, thus experience in mouse handling is of advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Diploma or Master degree in biological / medical sciences
- the candidate should have a strong motivation to work both independently and as a team member in a highly interactive and dynamic research environment
- experience in common laboratory techniques
- experience in mouse handling is of advantage but not a prerequisite
- operating language of the laboratory is English
- please include two letters of reference with your application documents
We offer you the possibility of:
- Arranging flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health center
- Providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
Women are explicitly invited to apply. Handicapped persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages.
We look forward to receiving your application, until August 31, 2012, online with registration number CRT0912197. For further information please contact: Daniela Mohrich - Tel.: +49-351-458-82104 or by E-Mail to Daniela.Mohrich@crt-dresden.de.